Wednesday 14 April 2010

LRA DISTRICT COUNCILLOR JOINS CONSERVATIVES

Rodney Barrett, District Councillor for the Loughton St. Mary’s ward elected to the Loughton Residents Association has, today, decided to ‘walk the floor’, leaving the LRA behind him and joining the Conservative Group.

Cllr. Barrett, who has been a Councillor since 2008, explained: “I'm sorry I have to, but unfortunately with the LRA I do feel we are such a small party and there's a difference in feel to a party that makes the decisions. I've left on good terms but when I got elected two years ago I said I'd do my very best for Loughton and unfortunately I don't think I can do that under the banner of the residents association. I love Loughton, I was born here, and I think the Conservatives will give me a better opportunity to help the people of Loughton.”

David Linnell, the Chairman of the LRA responded saying: “Cllr. Barrett says that the LRA has not achieved enough locally about pot-holes in the roads, litter and rubbish left on our streets, and a parking review for the roads around the High Road. We think that he is wrong. LRA has achieved a lot in getting roads repaired and resurfaced, and in improving the refuse and cleaning services, and we will continue to press the council on these issues.”

The Conservatives Group now have 35 out of 58 seats on Epping Forest District Council. The Lib Dems hold 9, the LRA hold 5, the BNP hold 4, Independents hold 3 and Labour hold 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment