Monday 13 July 2009

DAY 5 OF MY SWINE FLU EXPERIENCE IN EPPING

Day five and I must say, I feel very much better. My soar throat and cough remain and I’m still a little achy, but that’s pretty much it. I’ve just finished my last dose of the Tamiflu anti-viral medication and my GP has informed me I will be able to step outside of the house again for the first time tomorrow morning without fear of spreading the virus.

Today, a large percentage of the national media are reporting the Government’s suggestion that 64,000 people will die of swine flu before the end of the year, which has naturally frightened many people. However, what they have not reported is that this is their worst case scario and the numbers actually range from 8,000 to 64,000. It is also worth noting that a winter flu pandemic a few years ago saw over 25,000 death which many of us didn’t even know about, so I think it’s important that we keep this in perspective.

I can also see that many people have visited my blog in search of details of pharmacies stocking Tamiflu. I can confirm that the Rectory Lane Health Centre in Rectory Lane, Loughton is our nearest stockist. Their postcode is IG10 3RU and their telephone number is 020 8272 4600.

No comments:

Post a Comment