Monday 5 October 2009

SUPPORTING HAVEN HOUSE CHILDREN’S HOSPICE

Today, Keeley and I have had the pleasure of visiting Haven House Children’s Hospice in Woodford green to present a cheque for £2,775.00 to Ian Sparks OBE, the Chairman of Trustees and Chief Executive and his colleague Christine Twomey, the Director of Care.

The funds which were presented were raised by Keeley and I during my term of office as Mayor of Epping where I pledged to support this amazing charity which has seen a financial impact from our troubled economy, but cannot afford to let the services it provides alter, because they are so very vital.

The money has been used to completely refurbish a ‘messy play’ room for the children which is accessible to all. The thought of helping children who are facing some horrific conditions and illnesses have fun brings an enormous smile to my face.

Thank you to everyone who supported my charity last year and for those of you wishing to learn more about Haven House or to make a donation, please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment