Tuesday 13 October 2009

CONSERVATIVES TO CONFIRM CONFIDENCE IN MP

Today, I have received a letter from Cllr. Matthew Colling, the Chairman of Epping Forest Conservative Association, inviting me to attend a General Meeting of the Association on Monday 26th October to consider the following motion:

‘This General Meeting of the Epping Forest Conservative Association confirms its confidence in Eleanor Laing MP as the Conservative Candidate for the next General Election.’

An enormous number of residents contacted me shortly after the Telegraph claimed that Mrs. Laing has not paid Capital Gains Tax on her London home at the point of sale in 2008 to complain and to express their anger at the trust which they believed had been abused and broken.

I have attempted to share as much information as possible on this issue, which has included a letter from Mrs. Laing to residents which can be found here. Some comments from the Leader of the Conservative Party, Rt. Hon. David Cameron MP which can be found here and a copy of the letter which Mr. Cameron sent to Mrs. Laing on the issue which can be found here.

Mrs. Laing has spoken on the issue, saying, “I welcome the opportunity that a General Meeting will provide for me to meet directly a large number of our Conservative members here in the Epping Forest constituency. I have been touched by the very many messages of support I have received in recent weeks and I hope that that support will be reflected in the outcome of the meeting. I am also pleased that I will have the chance to set the record straight.”

No comments:

Post a Comment