Monday 12 October 2009

CHARITY FUNDS PRESENTED TO ST CLARE HOSPICE

Today, Keeley and I have had the pleasure of visiting St. Clare Hospice in Hastingwood to present a cheque for £2,775.00 to Richard Cowie, the charity’s Chief Executive.

The funds were raised by Keeley and I during my term of office as Mayor of Epping where I pledged to support this amazing charity which desperately needs to grow and develop its facilities to cope with the overwhelming number of patients who wish to use the Hospice as their final resting place.

The money has been used to purchase new flat screen televisions for each of the 8 patients bedrooms. The previous TVs had become very out of date and took up an enormous amount of room which is often needed for bulky equipment and space for relatives to be close by.

Thank you to everyone who supported my charity and for those of you wishing to learn more about St Clare Hospice or to make a donation, please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment